Pages

Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Results are in... Sort of...

I got the call this morning that my bloodwork was in. The good news is that I passed the glucose test and my blood count was great. So no Gestational Diabetes for me (Note to self: buy pint of Ben & Jerry's to celebrate). Then there was some "Not great" news. I say not great because it's not necessarily bad news right now. I was told that I have an elevated white blood cell count.

Basically the nurse said this could mean anything or nothing. It could just be a result of having two babies in there or that my body is fighting off an infection. It could also be lab error. My nose has been a little runny lately, so maybe it's just a little cold coming on? Right now, they are not overly concerned, so I'm going to try not to be as well. But just to be precausious they had me come in for more blood tests this morning. They should have the results back either this afternoon or tomorrow.

I will keep you posted when I hear anything, but for now I'm just thinking it's nothing to be concerned about.

No comments: