Pages

Sunday, August 21, 2011

What's Up?

So here is what we've been up to since the last update... wow almost 7 months ago! Well the twins turned 1, I turned 29, and Ryan turned 30! Now for the more specifics...

Kaylie:


Since turning 1, Kaylie is not only walking, but RUNNING everywhere. Still a dancer at heart, she shakes her little tush to every beat she hears, and is even starting to learn some words to songs. Oh did I mention she is a talker? I don't mean just a couple words here and there. Oh no, she speaks in sentences. Some of her most common phrases are:
"Momma, Where are you?"
if someone leaves, "Where'd it go?" followed by a dropped jaw, wide eyed look, and right hand in an open palm face up position. Yes she's sassy.

She loves singing the alphabet (Getting a few of the letters right too) and Itsy Bitsy Spider. Recently she has become VERY attached to me. I'm working on helping her through this phase (Since that what I've heard it is), but it's not easy when she screams anytime I leave her sight. I'm up for any tips you other moms may have for this.

She's really coming into her sweet personality though. She's quite the little lady, when she's not shaking her finger yelling "No, no, no no, no!"

Cavan:


Well to give you an insight on Cavan's motor skill advances, we've given him the nickname CAPTAIN DESTRUCTO! He is ALL boy. He literally comes running into a room and will have it destroyed in 15 seconds. He loves climbing anything and everything! He's also developed a few dance moves too.
Talking? This kid is a parrot. He will literally repeat everything I say. He's also extremely retentive. He remembers everything I tell him and will repeat it back to me days later. This includes colors (Red, orange, green, purple, blue, pink, and yellow) and the weather (Sunny, cloudy, raining). He points out objects in the books we read and will tell me what they are. A pro at animal sounds, he can recite them off without even thinking about it.

He is also a cheese ball. He puts on this cheesy grin all the time and imitates his sister and cousins no matter what they do. If they fall down and get hurt, he will pretend to fall next to them and do a fake cry followed by his cheesy grin. This kid makes me laugh everyday, which I guess makes up for him pulling all the folded laundry off the couch right as I'm about to put it all away.

Me:


I'm embracing the fact that this is my last year as a "Twenty-Something". I've actually come to the decision that it's time for me to go back to work. As much as I love my babies and am extremely grateful that I was able to spend the first year and a half with them, I think it's time for me to get back in touch with some adults and start bringing in some dough. So far I've applied to several positions all to no avail. But as the saying goes, I'm just going to Keep on Keeping on.

Oh and I'm a Pinterest.com ADDICT! Love it. If you don't know what it is, you MUST check it out. Let me know if you need an invite too.

Ryan:


Ry turned 30 last month and we celebrated the best way we could... We went to VEGAS BABY. The first time for both of us, I surprised him by having a bunch of our friends come along with us. It was a blast and we broke even so I'd say it was a win win.
He was recently laid off from his job, but we're staying optimistic that new work will be coming along soon. For now the twins are just trying to soak up as much "Daddy Time" as they can.

So that's what we've been up to lately, hopefully you are all caught up. I'll try to keep you all caught up along the way :)

No comments: