Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

J-O-B Hunting

Can you get burned out by job hunting? The answer.... YES!

For those of you that may not know, I am on the job hunt. I have loved spending the past (almost) 18 months home with my babies, but it's time to get back to work.

HOWEVER, the job hunt has been VERY unsuccessful. I've applied to several places and only had one phone interview... which didn't end up working out. So what do you do when you've been out of work for so long and want to get back? No, really, I'm asking.

I've done my homework on each company I apply to and write (what I think are) amazing cover letters tailored specifically to each position and company. All to no avail. The main problem, the economy is tough right now and they say for every position you apply 300 others are applying as well. So where do you stand?

I have tried so many different ways to stand out. Now I'm starting to get burned out and losing a lot of confidence over it. I don't know what's worse, the almost instant rejection email or not hearing anything at all.

So if any of you have any good job hunting tips, please let me know. Or if you're hiring you can let me know that too :)

1 comment:

krystal said...

Sigh. You're in the same boat as a lot of people. I'm blessed to say that I'm employed but somewhere I'm not too happy about. Something will turn up but the best advice is to tell everyone you're looking for work. Everyone! Tweet it, Facebook it, everything. Networking seems to be the only way people are getting their foot in the door.