Wednesday, April 7, 2010
Where did the month go? I know it's been a while since I've updated, but it's been a busy month. It seems like only yesterday I was being told that my babies were coming and now, a month later I have the most precious little babies.
In the past month here are the top 10 things I have learned about parenting:
1) Schedules are meant to be broken
2) The first month is a "Getting to know you" phase. We are getting to know what each cry and coo mean. The babies are getting to know that we are here for them and building that trust with us.
3) Your body will adjust to waking at night
4) Babies like a very warm bath (sorry Kaylie for being the test model on that one)
5) Babies leak... from EVERY angle!
6) Reflux makes feeding time very messy
7) When you hear your baby poop, give them a few more minutes. They probably aren't done and don't mind finishing when the diaper is off.
8) Pacifiers are lifesavers one minutes and sleep deprivers the next!
9) It takes a lot longer to accomplish anything
10) Laundry and trash are never ending!
The twins are growing so fast. They are both taking 3oz at every feeding. They have an appointment tomorrow so we will see how much they weigh and how much they've grown. They are officially out of their newborn clothes and into 0-3 months. We are all doing great and enjoying watching them grow.