Pages

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

6 Week Follow Up...

So I had my 6 week follow up appointment and everything looks great. I'm healing really well. I got the clearance to start working out too which I am very excited about. This saggy pooch I call my stomach has got to go! I'm starting the P90X routine tomorrow. I'll let you know how that goes.

I was also told I have some muscle separation in my abdomen, about 3 finger width. I guess it's normal when your stomach stretches to the size of Alaska. Nothing a few crunches a day won't fix... so I'm told.

Lastly, I have made a decision to get an IUD. Since two kids are plenty right now and for a while, I think this is the best option. So I go in 6 weeks for the procedure. Other than that, it was a pretty quick appointment.

3 comments:

Valerie said...

I had a 3 finger width span between my stomach muscles as well. I haven't been great about doing crunches, but do spend a lot of time swimming. It's been 8 months, but my stomach muscles are now only about 1/2 a finger width apart. Good luck with your workout.

Gretchen said...

Oh wow, well I'm glad it will eventually come back together!

The Wellness Path Monthly Self-Care VIP said...

Be careful doing crunches with your split. The best exercises to do are isometric exercises...they work..I was at almost 4 a year after I had my second because I rushed the abs when I was teaching dance...be safe