Pages

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

How I Met Your Father...

Still continuing on the D-Listed Blog Party. So Click Here to check out my blog party post.

Yesterday I mentioned that I have known my husband for 22 years and a lot of my readers were very impressed by that. So how did it all begin? So kids, let me tell you about the year 1988. I was 6 years old and my Mom and Step-Father had brought me to the place that would change my life forever: Little Compton, RI. My Step-Father's Cousin had a little cottage in a camp ground down there and would let us occasionally stay there. Well, I wasn't the only kid there. We quickly became friends with a lot of the other kids in the camp ground. We would run rampant playing games of Fox and Hound or just sitting on the basketball court and talking.

Of the people I became friends with, one was named Katie. Well Katie had an older brother named Ryan. In 1988, to a 6 year old, Ryan was a boy and therefore had cooties and was weird! Most boys were at that age. As the years went on, I still saw Ryan as just Katie's older brother and nothing more. We would only hang out if we were all playing some game or all hanging at their cottage.

Fast forward to the year 2000. Ryan entered into the United States Coast Guard and I went to College. We didn't see each other for 4 years. Well let me be the first to tell you, 4 years can make a lifetime's difference. I was at a benefit dance with some of my friends one night and Ryan's mom had told me that he was coming and that we should hang out with him. In he walked and it was like I was seeing him for the first time.

No longer did I see Katie's older brother. No longer did I see that weird kid with cooties. I saw Ryan. I would like to tell you that it was love from that point on, however, that wasn't exactly the case. We did spend the night dancing and talking and oh yeah, drinking. I apparently told him I was going up to my room to change into sweats and I'd meet him at the after party. Well, I never made it to the after party. My friends graciously put a drunk girl to bed for the night and Ryan was gone.

Fast Forward to May of 2005. I saw Ryan again down in Little Compton, RI. From their we caught each other's attention yet again and never let it out of our site. We got engaged in August of 2007, married in July 2008, pregnant in November 2008, miscarried in March 2009, pregnant with twins in July 2009, Had our twins in March 2010. Our Journey, still leaving footprints behind from that one summer in 1988 in Little Compton, RI.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic